S.C. Whimsies

S.C. Whimsies

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Heart You




This pendant was a soldering mishap that I had, but in the end, it kind of worked as something unique. I cut and textured a circle of nickel and then tried to solder a bezel on a brass disc with sterling solder. The solder started to ooze off the disc, which actually created the top of the pendant in this exact form. I hastily sprayed it with water before it set which caused all of the dimples in the solder. I was about to throw it out when I decided to try and add a patina and attach it to the nickel disc and voila! The pendant came alive and I decided to add it to this crazy chain I made. Many of the beads on this chain came from antique rosaries.   It is kind of a funky piece, but I love it.  It is wonderful when you happen upon new techniques by mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment