S.C. Whimsies

S.C. Whimsies

Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Heirloom Necklace

*I just found out that Bead Trends is going to feature this necklace in their November 2011 issue.  It is such an honor to be featured in this publication.  They have asked me to remove photographs of this necklace until after the November issue is released.  I will post the pictures following that.   They will photograph it much better than I did anyways.  I can't wait to see it!!

I made this necklace from sterling silver components that my dad and mom found at various antique stores in the Northwest. It also consists of fresh water coin pearls and a variety of sterling silver beads that my husband bought for me in Iceland.  I soldered a sapphire that my husband bought in Jordan to a sterling tag (an antique store find) that I decorated with metal stamps. The antique book charm is sterling silver with a mother of pearl plate on the cover.  My dad found this for me and it is one of my most prized charms.  It already contains little photographs of my family.

1 comment: